Thursday, March 26, 2009

I´m here.

I´m in training and I´ve gotten my site. I go on sunday to check it out. apparently they´ve already scheduled a community meeting to greet me.

i´m headed to a small community (70 folks) about a mile outside of a slightly larger community (230) about five miles from where the bus line ends at a town called Pimampiro. I´d be more specific, but there are security concerns for US citizens operating abroad.

My primary activities, as outlined on a document i recieved which is subject to change at any time:
-control, observation, monitoring, and reporting of animal species, flora and general natural resources
-non-formal environmental education regarding natural resources and their conservation with students and the general public
-introduction of income alternatives focused around conservation
-help in the technical high school nursery
-ecological club
-help in reforestation and the fruit tree nursery
-waste management

secondary activities: english instruction related to tourism, health and education, help in computation.

yea, and i won`t have internet access. i have had internet access for the past month, i just haven´´t blogged because i haven´t had time. there i should have time, but no access. so we´ll see how the bloggin goes. i´ve learned a lot during training, and i´ve done somewhat interesting things, and i´d love to type all about it, but this internet cafe is about to close. and i want to google earth my site. so . . .. be seein ya

No comments:

Post a Comment